At the Tail Company, we want to make sure we don’t just make great items for cosplay and fursonas, but that we also care for the environment and don’t damage it.
In practice, we do the following:
Almost all of our packaging is recycled or from sustainable sources and we offset carbon that would be generated by our energy use in the studio. We are also striving to remove any item that is not from an environmentally balanced supplier.
Our tails are designed to be used for years, and we offer a service to repair any item even if they are not covered by warranty. In this way we aim to reduce unnecessary manufacturing, and extend the life of our items to their maximum. The largest element of our tails is the plastic that we use – this created from corn starch as is biodegradable.
We have eliminated the need for paper instructions, with all such documents sent electronically to remove the need for waste paper. New products being designed will also ask the customer if another charger is really necessary upon purchase. Most customers already have standard USB chargers for example.
We are very focused on our environmental footprint and review our position regularly. Below is a more formal description of our policy.
The Tail Company is committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
Our Policy therefore, is to :
• integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into our decision making and activities,
• minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as is possible.
• minimise energy and water use within our buildings and processes in order to conserve supplies and minimise the consumption of natural resources.
• As far as is possible, purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment.
• train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work,
• promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner,
• communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it
• where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes.